When I have lived away from the prairies I have missed its sky so much. At one point a friend from southern Ontario visited Alberta and said "The sky is so big, I felt naked"; not my sentiment at all. I always felt that I felt free under the prairie sky, and coupled with a good strong wind, a sense of release and detachment from anything that might have been troubling me. And seven summers in northwestern Ontario, surrounded by trees, was claustraphobic (but I managed). In Vancouver, I missed interesting clouds. In Israel, I missed gorgeous sunsets. In Toronto, I missed crisp, clear blue skies contrasted with strong white clouds. Not that any of these things were impossible in any of those places, but they were not the norm.
So any prairie people who find themselves living away, check the link above, and feel homesick. :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home