Ailsa and Dale Leftwich

29 May 2007

April in High River and area

Ailsa and Aleta spent much of April in High River, visiting grandparents, cousins and friends. The idea was that we would have several weeks to actually get to visit with people instead of breezing through in a few days, as we usually do.

So of course, I (Ailsa) got some bug that gave me laryngitis for the better part of the first week. Go figure.

Well, we still got to see a few people.

Below, Aleta with Leila and Amelia.


















With David and Leslie (and Cam in the background)

















My cousin Jill gave Aleta a rocking chair, that she painted herself. It's a happy chair and Aleta loves it!





















I always love driving around the area to the west of High River. We drove over to Cochrane one day to visit a few friends. If I recall correctly, this was on highway 7 just east of Okotoks, almost at the Cowboy Trail.








We had a really nice lunch and afternoon with two sets of friends, who happen to live next door to each other! Shown here are Clint & Jenny and their sons Seamus and Caolin. This was the first opportunity I'd had to get to know Jenny. They married in Taiwan and their trips to Clint's family and my trips home never corresponded. And then at our wedding, well, it was a very brief meeting.







The other family was Gisele and Clay and their daughter Ailsa! I first met Ailsa at our wedding, when she was only three months old.

Clint, Gisele & Clay and I have lots of memories at Sylvan Lake, treeplanting, and at university (well, Clint, anyway).

So it was a lot of fun.






Two of my high school friends came over for lunch one day. I have been able to stay in touch with Meryl on and off, pretty much since high school (helps that both of our parents live in High River), but I hadn't seen Melissa in almost 20 years, since I think my second year of university.

It was a real treat to catch up!






Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home