Ailsa and Dale Leftwich

04 February 2007

Almost 7 months

Everyone always says it about children, but Aleta is growing so quickly!

She will be 7 months old in 3 days, and is really developing a personality, and advancing physically as well. At her 6 month checkup a couple of weeks ago she was 20 lbs and 26.75 inches long. She is sitting up strongly, and getting ready to crawl. As a baby who is scoring high on the growth and height charts, she is a bit big and not quite mastered rolling over, but I understand bigger babies often just start crawling before they ever roll over.

(I wonder when that 14 pound boy born in Mexico this week will hit the same weight as Aleta. Holy cats, batman, I can’t imagine the pain!)

It seems like she’ll be walking soon. She likes to stand which sometimes makes it challenging to get her into a car seat or just sit her down!
Anyway, here are a few photos taken yesterday.

6 Comments:

At 04 February, 2007 12:54, Blogger Lindsay Lamar said...

My goodness, she is getting big! And I've never seen her in person! We'll have to remedy that sometime soon! Thanks for putting up pictures of her, so those of us that are far away still get to see her grow up!

 
At 04 February, 2007 20:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute!!!! Jamila will be 7 months tomorrow to the day Feb 5.

 
At 05 February, 2007 11:08, Blogger The Weinberg Family said...

What a charmer! I love those cheeks! Can you refer me to the websites you found about introducing foods other than grains first? I've been looking for info on that.

 
At 05 February, 2007 11:10, Blogger Sevda and Michael Teske said...

Aleta is growing so beautifuly, I love her clever look.
Ailsa, I read about Aleta' s first reaction on rice baby cereal. It could be just because it was the first time she tried it. I give Adib rice, but usually I add a spoonful of uncooked rice to any vegetables that I cook and then puree the whole thing, he loves it. I add rice to sweet potatos, squash, broccoli, anything. Bella used to love rice with yogurt and little bit of sugar. That way you can avoid additives.
Thank for posting new photos of your angel.
Love from Sevda

 
At 05 February, 2007 17:59, Blogger Ailsa said...

Laura,

The one website with a lot of suggestions and recipes is http://wholesomebabyfood.com/

There is also an interesting discussion on the La Leche League website - http://www.lalecheleague.org/llleaderweb/LV/LVDec99Jan00p130.html

Love, Ailsa

 
At 09 February, 2007 10:53, Blogger tahmina, amir & azamat said...

i love these cheeks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home