Visiting Grandma & Grandpa in High River
After we were in Saskatoon, we spent several days with my parents in High River over New Years. Aleta had grown considerably since our previous trip. We were so sorry to have not overlapped with Darren and Naghmeh and family, who were in Florida over the winter vacation.
Aunt Donna and Uncle Arnie invited us to their home for lunch one day. They have an incredible view of the mountains, on the west side of Calgary.
My friend Jody came over to visit one night. Jody and I are still trying to get over the fact that it has been 20 years since we first met in university residence at the University of Calgary. She is now a professor at the University of Western Ontario, and one of my most-travelled friends.
Every trip home to my parents seems so quick, and there are so many friends I want to visit with, some of whom I have not seen in many years. I hope that this spring or summer, Aleta and I will be able to spend a longer time there, and finally get to seeing people. I know this is a challenge for many people who move away from where they grew up, or who, like me, have lived in many different places. I have set down roots at different times in every province between and including British Columbia and Ontario, as well as six and a half years in Israel. The tough part about it is that roots get pulled up and I miss the wonderful friends I have made. The great part about it is that I had the opportunity to make friends in those areas. The challenge is to stay connected in this crazy busy world we live in now!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home