There is lots of talk these days about how people are moving back to Saskatchewan. Job possibilities are increasing, property has been cheap compared to many other parts of the country, but now houses are getting more expensive and, in Esterhazy, harder to find.
Well, driving to Yorkton the other day, we encountered a house or two, or three on the road. Moving houses is a big thing here; I don't remember seeing houses being moved as much as here.
Why were these two houses pulled off the road?
Might have something to do with the other house that we had passed just before we met these two.
A Saskatchewan traffic jam!
4 Comments:
Ailsa
One of the many things I admire about you is that you never go very far without your camera and, as a result, you get the great photos that many of the rest of us miss.
We are left just telling the story and saying 'I wish I'd had a camera that day!"
Even in Saskatchewan, it is quite unusual to see three houses moving down the same road at once!
Thanks for sharing.
Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for your kind words.
If truth be known, we passed the first house and Dale said "too bad you didn't have your camera" and I said "OH but I DO have my camera! Doh!" anyway, it just got better after that.
And please tell me, Anonymous Friend, who are you?
Sorry, I didn't mean to be anonomous necessarily, It's just me, Dale's favourite sister.
I enjoyed looking through the last bunch of pictures and reading your commentary...good to catch up with y'all.
Do remind your mom if she wants to write something for the elders' book...it has been accepted through stage one of the editing process and I am now finishing up the last of the stories. Would love to have a prairie person there!
Love to all,
Heather
Post a Comment
<< Home