Ailsa and Dale Leftwich

23 July 2006

Popsicles

Anyone have a good recipe for popsicles? It has been so hot here since way before Aleta was born, and lacking air conditioning, I have been so happy to have popsicles. But I would like some variation from my recipe for popsicles, which is about 20% jello mix and the rest some kind of juice. I use this mix, because using just juice tends to have the flavour pool up at one end so by the end all you have is ice. But as I say, variety would be nice too. So if anyone has a recipe that they find particularly good, please let me know.

Aleta is still a bit young for popsicles. I feel sorry for her having to drink body-temperature liquid all the time, but she doesn't seem to be complaining. In fact, she's starting to pudge up nicely!!!

1 Comments:

At 24 July, 2006 01:59, Blogger sashwee said...

I did some experiements last summer with fruit and dates pureed in the blender with yogurt and then frozen in popsicle forms. Haven't gotten around to trying again yet, but hope to.
So nice to read your posts on Aleta's early days.
xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home