5 1/2 weeks, and counting
I'm starting to understand why so many pregnant women get a little tired of being pregnant in the last month. I have acquired the pregnancy waddle and have a lot of difficulty getting up off the couch, and really look forward to bending over, being able to get into and out of the car without difficulty, sleeping in any position, having full feeling back in my hands (pregnancy version of carpal tunnel syndrome), being able to lift heavy things again (I actually miss hoisting archives boxes around), being able to walk around the grocery store without having to rely on the grocery cart to keep me up, and on and on the list goes.
But, I'm really in awe of this process of bringing a new soul into the world. Of the movement inside. Wondering what this little creature will be like. Will it be an Ernstschprockel, so named by friend Brian, or Hermione, the name bestowed by my sister-in-law Leslie? Realizing that this soul is a gift from God, a trust from God, really. It reminds me of the piece by Kahlil Gibran, "On children", which has been put to music by Sweet Honey in the Rock, that goes
Your children
Are not your children
They are the sons and daughters of life's longing for itself
They come through you but not from you
And though they are with you they belong not to you....
That's all for now
Ailsa

3 Comments:
sending PRAYERS and LOVE :-)
Bahiyyih
I'm starting to waddle too, and its only 27 weeks. I guess it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
Did you try playing with little E/H? Did s/he respond?
It's lovely to follow the progress this way.
XOX,
S.
Oy! And I always thought I was Mama's baby! I knew there was something awry about where I got my behavior from . . .
Post a Comment
<< Home